It’s winter in the desert and there’s not much thought going into you landscaping. But, viagra canada did you know that the winter is a good time to trim your desert trees? You can trim desert trees anytime of the year but the winter has certain advantages. Most desert trees lose their leaves in the winter so it’s easier to see their branching structure. And, dormant trees mean that there will be much less sap dripping from new cuts.
Keep in mind that this information does not apply to fruit trees. Fruit trees have specific times of the year when they should be trimmed to make sure you get the fruit harvest you’re looking for and to help prevent problems such as sunburn.
When trimming trees, your tree trimmer should be looking for a few things in particular.
- Look for mistletoe and remove it.
- Crossing branches should be trimmed off.
- Remove branches that are hanging over your house.
- Broken branches should be taken off.
What should not be done include:
- Don’t remove over 25% of the branches at one time.
- Don’t top the tree (cutting the top portion off the tree).
- Don’t remove the branch collar (this is the bulge that connects the branch to the trunk).
- Don’t leave stubs from your branch cuts.