Have you taken a walk lately? What kinds of trees do you see in your area when you’re out? Trees are more than pretty to look at. They do a lot of good for our urban communities and for our environment.
The Benefits of Trees
- They help cool our cities
- They remove carbon dioxide and pollution from the air
- They add value to our homes
- They lower our utility bills
- They attract wildlife
- They create oxygen
- They provide fruits and nuts
Those are just some of the benefits of trees.
- Plant the right size tree for the area. Take the Right Tree in the Right Place Quiz
- Think about what you want from your new tree (fruit, ask shade, beauty)
- Buy a good healthy tree (no girdling roots, lots of branches and leaves on the lower part of the trunk, healthy light brown roots, no fruit on the tree). 9 Tree Care Tips
Here is an infographic with some interesting facts about trees: