Happy Thanksgiving!

Saturday I got to speak at the New Economy:  An Entrepreneur Symposium in Tucson.  It was the first time this even has been put on and it was raining hard.  The Tour de Tucson was going on too.  So, sildenafil we weren’t really sure how many people would be attending.

Even with everything going on there was a really good turnout.  It’s great to know that people in business or interested in starting their own business will attend an event like this.  I wish there had been one when I was starting my business.  It was a place to hear business stories of success and learn some lessons from others who have been there and done that without having to make the mistakes yourself.

I was touched to have attendees come up to me after I spoke and tell me that my story resonated with them and that they wanted to connect with me after the event.  You never know who you will touch and make a difference to.  Although I was nervous about speaking to a room of 300 people, I am so glad that I did.  Sometimes, getting out of your comfort zone will help you to grow as a person much more than doing what you already do well.

I guess my thought from this is that it’s important to say yes to opportunities even though they might make you uncomfortable.  And, you can do more than you think you can.

Me speaking at event

Me speaking at event

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy Thanksgiving!

Deborah Munoz-Chacon, Sonoran Oasis Landscaping

Share With Your Friends

37 Comments

1. You were so poised giving your presentation – I never would have guessed you were stepping outside your comfort zone!

• Thank you Robin! I enjoyed sharing my story with everyone.

2. Was your presentation filmed Deborah? I would love to hear your story.

• Jane – Yes, it was filmed. I should be getting a copy of my presentation. I’ll let you know when I have it. I’d love to share it with you.

3. Congrats on stepping outside your comfort zone and sharing your brilliance with others.
    Glad to hear the event was a success.
    ~Debra

• It was so much fun Debra.

4. Sounds like you did an amazing job! Congrats. I have a fear of public speaking too. I once held monthly decorating workshops to homeowners in my area and did very well. It’s great to step out of your comfort zone into the great unknown

5. Awesome Job! And you are right you never know who you are going to affect. The fact that they came up to you speak volumes on what you had to say! Congrats!

6. Congratulations! See it wasn’t as bad as you thought it was going to be. Sounds like you had a great turn out.

7. I knew you would do a terrific job Deborah!! Just think where this can lead!! Wishing you and your family a healthy Happy Thanksgiving !!

8. I agree – you look so professional and poised in your presentation. Well done for stretching your comfort zone.

9. What a great opportunity you just opened for yourself! Congrats.

10. That took a lot of confidence to do….congrats.

11. it is hard to step out of what we know if comfortable, so I commend you for taking that leap.

12. This is something that truly scares me, so thank you for sharing your story.

13. I am very happy for you Deborah.
    Happy Thanks Giving to you as well.

Your friend

14. This sounds like such an awesome opportunity you had to speak at the event! Nice picture! Happy Turkey Day! :)

15. Congratulations on making the presentation, great way to show your credibility. Loved the picture

16. Congrats, I wish I had half the courage you do. I’ve always had a fear of public speaking.

17. Way to go on your event/speech! I know it is hard it is to step out of your comfort zone, but you did it!

18. I am really proud of you! I am not that great at public speaking. Ok I really like what you said and these should be your quotes when you speak at events they are very powerful! I LIKED them “it’s important to say yes to opportunities even though they might make you uncomfortable. ” “And, you can do more than you think you can.”

19. A very needed event. Starting a business is such a huge adventure. I thought I had addressed everything in my Development Plan…but nope I missed some of the most obvious issues. If I had the opportunity to attend a event dedicated to starting up a business…I know I would of benefited a great deal from the info. I am checking in my area if there is this type of sharing. I would love to be part of the event…I know a few things I can warn new businesses not to do! This was a great way for you to Pay Forward…I am sure you made a difference.

20. Super Congrats on your speaking engagement. I love going to conferences, I always learn so much from the speakers. So glad you stepped out of your comfort zone, I am sure you helped several people in the audience with your insight.

21. This sounds like a wonderful event, so glad you had a good turnout and that you were more than well received. That is amazing!

22. So glad it turned out good. It does pay to do new things!

23. I love that you got some feedback from people after you spoke. It’s always nice to know that people appreciate what you had to say. Happy Thanksgiving to you also!

24. Sounds like this was a great success! Congrats to you!

25. You do look poised and confident. Good job on getting out of your comfort zone. I hate public speaking!

26. Happy Thanksgiving and good job!

27. Happy Thanksgiving and you sure did a great job.. especially for stepping out of your comfort zone.. LOVE Tucson; used to live there for a few years.. soo miss it..

28. I have to remember to think this way because sometimes I let important opportunities pass me by.

29. Kudos on braving the dreaded “public speaking” fear and delivering an awesome speech! I used to work in public relations and had to do this a few times.

30. Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone and speaking in front of so many people! I’m not sure if I’d have the guts to do that. :)

31. Even if you only touch one person, it’s so worth it. I’m glad your words hit home!

32. Wow I would be terrified to talk in front of 300 people.. I am glad you had an amazing expierence. It does take a lot of guts to get out of your comfort zone.. and it opens you up for other better opportunities in the future..

33. So sorry I had to miss this Deborah. It’s always rewarding to hear you speak. Your presentations definitely give something for everyone. Thank you.

Submit a Comment