Do you have trees in your yard? Are they mature trees? Trees help our environment. They help people. And, best viagra they help our homes. Here are the five ways trees help us.
- They increase property values. They can add as much as 10% to the value of your home. If you have a $200,000 home, that adds $20,000 in value. (From the Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources)
- Trees cool homes in the summer. They can reduce your energy bills by 11.4% according to an Auburn University study.
- They help save water by slowing evaporation of irrigation water to areas that they shade.
- Trees help bring nature into your yard by giving animals a shelter and food.
- Trees help people psychologically. Areas with tree have a lower crime rate. And, it’s been shown that patients with views of trees heal faster than those without views of trees.
You can find all the benefits of trees here.
Remember that trees that are native to your area will do the best. In Arizona this is important because we have such hot summers. And, trees often must go for periods of time without water.
If you live in Tucson or Marana and would like a good resource for inexpensive trees to buy, Tucson Clean and Beautiful and Trees for Tucson offers a fantastic deal to Tucson Electric Power clients and TRICO clients. Check out their deals and the types of trees you can get from them here.
March through May are ideal times to plant trees in Arizona. Always think about where you will plant the tree. How much space it will have to grow. And, what it will look like when it is fully grown.
If you have tree questions, you can reach me at (520) 370-5697 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Munoz-Chacon, International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist