Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Rather than our usual landscaping related post, viagra buy today we thought it would be fun to give you some St. Patrick’s Day trivia and facts that you might not know.
- St. Patrick was not Irish. He was actually English. He was kidnapped and sold into slavery in Ireland. He tended sheep. He later escaped back to England and became a priest. St. Patrick then took the teachings back to Ireland.
- St. Patrick did not drive the snakes out of Ireland. Because of the country’s location, this is one of the few places where you don’t often find snakes.
- The word leprechaun means “small bodied fellow” in Irish.
- Your chances of finding a four-leaf clover are 1 in 10,000.
- The color of Ireland is actually not green but blue. Blue is often used on coat-of-arms and flags in Ireland.
- St. Patrick’s Day was a religious holiday and the pubs closed down for it.
- There are more Irish people living in the US than in Ireland. There are approximately 34 million Americans with Irish ancestry but only a population of 4.2 million people living in Ireland. (Information gathered from the International Business Times.)
I hope you enjoyed our St. Patrick’s Day trivia today. May the luck of the Irish be with you! Deborah Munoz-Chacon, Owner Sonoran Oasis Landscaping