July is Smart Irrigation Month. It’s one of the hottest months of the year in Arizona. So, viagra buy it’s a good time to remember these tips to help save water. Thanks to the Irrigation Association for this short article.
Today’s irrigation systems include sophisticated controllers that allow you to easily adjust watering schedules to fit different needs.
- Get in the zone. Schedule each individual zone in your irrigation system to account for type of sprinkler, viagra buy sun or shade exposure, and soil in that section. Different zones will almost always need different watering schedules.
- Consider soil type. Type of soil determines how quickly water can be absorbed without runoff. Watering more than soil can absorb causes runoff and waste.
- Don’t send water down the drain. Set sprinklers to water plants, not your driveway, sidewalk, patio or buildings.
- Water only when needed. Saturate root zones and let the soil dry. Watering too much and too frequently results in shallow roots, weed growth, disease and fungus.
- Water at the best time. Watering during the heat of the day may cause losses of up to 30 percent due to evaporation. Prevent water loss by watering when the sun is low or down, winds are calm and temperatures are cool — typically between the evening and early morning.
- Water more often for shorter periods. For example, setting your system to run for three, 5-minute intervals lets soil absorb more water than watering for 15 minutes at one time, reducing runoff for sprinklers.
- Adapt watering to the season. Familiarize yourself with the settings on your irrigation controller and adjust the watering schedule regularly based on seasonal weather conditions. Or invest in a smart controller so your system can make these changes automatically.
Being aware of your water usage and checking your water bill regularly will help you to monitor your water usage. If you need help with your irrigation system, Sonoran Oasis Landscaping has Rainbird certified irrigation technicians. Give us a call at (520) 370-5697 if we can help you.